Director, Data Science
- Job Title
- Director, Data Science
- Job ID
- Washington D.C., DC
- Other Location
- Baltimore or Columbia, MD
Dynamic, Entrepreneurial Consulting Company seeking Data Scientists! If you’ve got entrepreneurial spirit and passion, are driven by results, and want to be a part of significant growth, we’re looking for you!
C2G Partners is recognized as an award-winning consulting firm and has provided services to some of the world’s best known and most respected organizations. While C2G has worked primarily with clients that are Fortune 500 and mid-sized companies, we also extend services to smaller businesses and non-profits.
C2G is a marketing and analytic consulting company that places consultants in highly strategic marketing and analytic roles, and one of the fastest growing Inc 5000 companies.
If you are ready to embrace the challenge and would like to join our team as one of our Data Scientists, please keep reading!
As Data Scientists, we work with business leaders to solve clients’ business challenges and improve clients’ marketing results. We contribute our Advanced Data Science subject matter expertise to the recommendations and solutions delivered to our clients.
We spend the majority of our time on getting data into proper shape, performing statistical analyses, developing predictive models and machine learning algorithms to solve clients’ business problems. We evaluate different sources of data, discover patterns hidden within raw data, create insightful variables, and develop competing models with different machine learning algorithms. We validate and cross validate our recommendations to make sure our recommendations will perform well over time.
- Lead C2G’s data science training program for our recent college hires.
- Work as a mentor for our recent graduate hires and help them with developing their training plans and the transition into a client facing role.
- Prepare and present training material covering various areas of data science, marketing and business analytics.
- Coordinating with C2G and outside resource to ensure the graduates get a well-rounded training that prepares them for client facing work.
- Advice recent graduates on their projects that are part of their initial training as well as on their initial client engagements.
- The role will also include significant consulting / client facing work comprised of:
- Working with practice leaders and clients to understand clients’ business problem, industry context, data sources, potential risk and constraints.
- Develop training plans and conduct training for our cohort of new junior data scientists hired as part of C2G’s college recruiting.
- Problem solve with practice leaders to translate the business program into a solvable Data Science problem, formulate different approaches, outline pros and cons for each approach
- Work with practice leaders to get client feedback, get alignment on approaches, deliverables, and overall timeline
- Perform data cleaning/hygiene, data QC, and integrate data from both client internal and external data sources on Advanced Data Science Platform
- Conduct statistical data analysis, including exploratory data analysis, data mining, and document key insights and findings
- Create insightful and/or predictive summary variables from granular-level data
- Develop, validate, and cross-validate predictive models and/or machine learning algorithms using Advanced Data Science techniques and tools
- Document predictive models / machine learning results that can be incorporated into client-deliverable documentation
- Document key insights, recommend actions client could take, and quantify business impact
- Assist client to turn models and algorithms into implementable production codes
MS or PhD degree in Statistics, Math, Operation Research, Economics, Advanced Analytics, Computer Sciences, Engineering
- Passion for teaching and mentoring junior data scientists.
- Experience in teaching or giving lectures on one or more of the following topics: programming, statistics, marketing analytics or business analytics.
- 5-10 years’ professional experience in Advanced Data Science, such as predictive modeling, statistical analysis, machine learning, text mining, geo-spatial analytics, time series forecasting, optimization
- Experience with two or more Advanced Data Science software languages (R, Python, Matlab, SAS, Perl, Java, PHP)
- Experience with structured or un-structured data analysis and tools (SQL, Hadoop, Spark, NoSQL, MySQL, MariaDB, Hive, Pig, etc.)
- Comfortable with cloud-based platforms (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Experience with Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Optimizely a plus
- Experience in digital marketing a plus