Sr. Business Process Analyst
- Job Title
- Sr. Business Process Analyst
- Job ID
- 1 Year
- Long Island City, NY 11120
- Other Location
The Sr. Business /Process Analyst will work in a small, but dynamic, team to assist with onboarding of new work streams and Users to the Branded Cards Marketing, enterprise-wide, Business Process Management (BPM) tool. The candidate will facilitate onboarding through requirements gathering, process analysis, documentation, testing, training, and cross-functional team coordination. This position is responsible for the three fundamental dimensions of business process reengineering that follow:
- Understanding and documenting
- What the steps in the current business process are?
- Understanding and documenting Why those steps are being performed--the inputs, outputs, and their interdependencies.
Defining, communicating, and documenting how the process will work once re-engineered
This position requires a strong process & technology background, excellent client and project management skills, and superior analytic and communication abilities.
- Work with senior managers and key business owners and stakeholders from various functional areas to understand and document current business processes, issues and data challenges in order to recommend/define appropriate technical solutions for onboarding the teams to the BPM tool.
- Use process flow diagrams, screen mock-ups and other visual documentation techniques to enhance the value of business requirements documentation for the benefit of business users as well as the technical teams.
- Work closely with the development team to ensure completeness and accuracy of the business requirements vis-à-vis the development team’s implementation plans and design.
- Create and execute detailed UAT plans to ensure that the letter and spirit of the business requirements for the solution are fulfilled.
- Work closely with the development team to brainstorm and identify additional features and functions in the application and ratify the solutions from a process owner standpoint, as needed.
- Identify opportunities for process and control improvement and efficiency gains.
- Provide visibility to WFM Implementation Management and Automation Solutions group on progress against approaching milestones, issues, risks, and dependencies.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 5 or more years of experience as a business or functional analyst on large projects in the financial services domain.
- Experience with a technology consulting company, or in an internal consulting position, is preferred.
- Previous work in senior client facing roles.
- Solid understanding of Systems Development Lifecycle and PMO methodologies.
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of programming preferred.
- Direct experience with Business Process Management products is a plus.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office Application suite –particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Expertise with VBA a plus.
- Knowledge in the following areas a plus:
- SharePoint 2010
- Enterprise Content Management