- Job Title
- Data Analyst/Engineer
- Job ID
- Ellicott City, MD
- Other Location
- Boston, MA
Dynamic, Entrepreneurial Marketing Consulting Company is seeking a Data Analyst/Engineer to join our bench consulting team. The consultant will partner with clients across a variety of industries to study website behavior patterns using site metric tools to analyze and optimize business results and user experience.
C2G Partners is an award-winning marketing and analytic consulting firm and has provided services to some of the world’s best known and most respected brands. C2G delivers through onsite/offsite models on highly strategic marketing and analytic projects. C2G Partners’ expert Data Scientists develop solutions for our Fortune 500 clients to help determine their most valuable customers, define the optimal mix for customer rewards and loyalty, and create the right customer contact and channel strategy. Coupled with our Marketing Services, C2G Partners measures the success of our clients marketing campaigns and optimizes their ROI.
C2G Partners is actively searching for a Data Analyst/Engineer to be responsible for evaluating Teradata and other marketing and financial data sources, performing a gap analysis against reporting use cases and developing the data architecture and solution design to drive critical reporting capabilities. This role will partner with client technical resources as well as C2G team members, providing guidance on data architectures, data conversions, ETL and implementing models for the reporting environment. The ideal candidate has retail experience and can provide technical expertise with Teradata metadata management, data governance, and reporting architectures (e.g., for Tableau).
About the role:
- Leads the C2G team in data architecture and data technical design for retail client project Responsible for the architecture, design and implementation of the data and reporting environment.
- Defines data environment design for the reporting use cases that is consistent, maintainable and flexible.
- Works with client and C2G teams to identify use cases and functional requirements that drive the reporting data solution to enable reporting automation
- Designs the database structure including tables, views, synonyms, sequences, triggers, procedures, functions, indexes and materialized views as relevant.
- Provides the framework for integrating source systems with the reporting data environment – develops the ERD and data dictionaries
- Implements business rules via stored procedures, middleware, or other technologies.
- Develops strategies for flexibility and scalability, and defines the future technical architecture direction for the business intelligence reporting physical environment
- Provides strategic guidance to client for data movement strategies, consults with reporting team on report development and on testing
- Supports and consults with team on documenting the technical architecture of the data environment, including the physical components and their functionality. Consults on setting standards and overall architecture for the environment.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in technical discipline; Master's preferred.
- Experience with retail marketing data, including campaign and measurement data – direct and digital - preferred
- Expeirence with report data models – including aggretation strateties, data modeling to support multi-dimensional report creation
- 8+ years of data and/or architecture experience in applications and/or data warehousing development in a complex, multi-platform distributed environment.
- Experience in designing, developing, and deploying Teradata data solutions, ideally in retail
- Experience in data warehousing concepts and techniques
- Experience building reporting environments
Strong technical skills and experience with:
- Knowledge of data environment end-to-end implementation processes, from business requirement logical modeling, physical database design, ETL, end-user tools, database, SQL, performance tuning. Demonstrated problem resolution skills with team of persons, and strong leadership with implementation team
- Experience in data warehouse design and data modeling (both relational and dimensional) and development and maintenance of multi-dimensional data models. Understanding of data warehouse Metadata concepts, tools and different data warehouse methodologies. Expertise in Teradata SQL and proficiency in database tuning techniques.
- Experience in agile methodology
- Extensive, real-world experience, in designing enterprise solutions.
- In-depth knowledge in software engineering languages and tools; proficient in new and emerging technologies.
- Exceptional communication, coaching and interpersonal skills
- Enjoy working in a highly collaborative, client-facing environment that values speed and quality to deliver results.