- Job Title
- Teradata Engineer
- Job ID
- Boston Area, MA
- Other Location
C2G Partners is actively searching for a Teradata Data Engineers to work on data evaluation, data models and development support for marketing campaigns and measurement. The ideal candidate enjoys working highly collaborative, client-facing environment that values speed and quality to deliver results.
This position will be responsible for evaluating Teradata and other marketing and financial data sources, performing a gap analysis against reporting use cases and developing the data solutions to drive critical marketing capabilities. This role will partner with client technical resources as well as C2G team members, providing guidance on data architectures, data conversions, ETL and implementing models for the reporting environment. The ideal candidate has retail experience and can provide technical expertise with Teradata data, data governance, and reporting architectures (e.g., for Tableau).
About the role:
- Participates in data architecture and data technical design for retail client - contributes to the architecture, design and implementation of the data and reporting environment.
- Works with client and C2G teams to identify use cases and functional requirements that drive the reporting data solution to enable marketing and reporting
- Designs the database structure including tables, views, synonyms, sequences, triggers, procedures, functions, indexes and materialized views as relevant.
- Provides the framework for integrating source systems with the reporting data environment – updates the ERD and data dictionaries
- Implements business rules via stored procedures, middleware, or other technologies.
- Develops strategies for flexibility and scalability, and defines the future technical architecture direction for the business intelligence reporting physical environment
- Provides strategic guidance to client for data movement strategies, consults with reporting team on report development and on testing
- Supports and consults with team on documenting the technical architecture of the data environment, including the physical components and their functionality.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in technical discipline; Master's preferred.
- 4+ years of data experience in applications and/or data warehousing development in a complex, multi-platform distributed environment.
- Experience in designing, developing, and deploying Teradata data solutions, ideally in retail
- Experience in data warehousing concepts and techniques
- Experience building reporting environments
Strong technical skills and experience with:
- Knowledge of data environment end-to-end implementation processes, from business requirement logical modeling, physical database design, ETL, end-user tools, database, SQL, performance tuning. Demonstrated problem resolution skills with team of persons, and strong leadership with implementation team
- Experience in data warehouse design and data modeling (both relational and dimensional) and development and maintenance of multi-dimensional data models. Understanding of data warehouse Metadata concepts, tools and different data warehouse methodologies. Expertise in Teradata SQL, BTEQ scripting and proficiency in database tuning techniques.
- Extensive, real-world experience, in designing enterprise solutions.
- In-depth knowledge in software engineering languages and tools; proficient in new and emerging technologies.
- Exceptional communication, coaching and interpersonal skills