Junior Business Analyst
- Job Title
- Junior Business Analyst
- Job ID
- Long Island City, NY 11120
- Other Location
C2G Partners is looking for a Business Analyst Consultant to work for one of their Financial services clients. The Business Analyst will work in a small, but dynamic, team to assist with the documentation of a new workflow management tool. Once the documentation is complete the candidate will help to on board and manage new teams to the tool. The candidate will facilitate onboarding through requirements gathering, process analysis, documentation, testing, training, and cross-functional team coordination.
This position requires a strong business process background, excellent client and project management skills, and superior analytic and communication abilities.
- Work with senior managers and key business stakeholders from various functional areas to understand and document current business processes and issues in order to define /recommend appropriate process solutions for onboarding the teams to the workflow management tool.
- Create detailed user manual for the new workflow management tool
- Use process flow diagrams, screen mock-ups and other visual documentation techniques to enhance the value of business requirements documentation for the benefit of business users as well as the technical teams.
- Work closely with the development team to ensure completeness and accuracy of the business requirements.
- Create and execute detailed UAT plans to ensure alignment with the business requirements.
- Work closely with the development team to brainstorm and identify additional features and functionality in the application as needed.
- Identify opportunities for process and control improvement and efficiency gains.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business/Technology or related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- No more than 5 years of experience as a business or functional analyst on large projects in the financial services domain
- Experience with a consulting company, or in an internal consulting position preferred.
- Solid understanding of Systems Development Lifecycle and PMO methodologies.
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of MS SharePoint 2010 preferred.
- Direct experience with Business Process Management products is a plus.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office Application suite –particularly Excel is REQUIRED. Expertise with VBA a plus.