Junior Subscriber Marketing Analyst
- Job Title
- Junior Subscriber Marketing Analyst
- Job ID
- 3 months
- New York, NY 10011
- Other Location
Our client is looking for an experienced marketing analyst who has expertise in one or several niches and isn’t afraid to explore new areas. The ideal candidate can pick out the most important ‘signals’ from a mass of information, and convey complex insights with clarity to decision-makers. They are open-minded to information that contradicts their biases, and also have a strong grasp of which projects/opportunities have the greatest effort to reward ratio. This is a 3 month long consulting assignment in Mid-Town Manhattan.
This role will also partner with the data science and FP&A teams in reconciling front-end results with backend insights.
What you’ll do with us:
- Create robust marketing reporting enabling an environment of rapid test and learn and ongoing optimization
- Provide deep-dive insights, strategic and tactical recommendations to improve marketing effectiveness
- Develop test design, targeting and audience segmentation recommendations to support right offer, right customer, right time marketing strategy
- Scope data and reporting needs with internal data science team, marketing and external agencies/vendors
- Create, improve and automate processes for extracting data, producing results, and making decisions
- Support design and analysis of product experiments (new feature, audience, launches, price, etc.)
- Developing Excel-based models for forecasting and planning
- Performing QA on datasets as needed
What you bring to the table:
- 1-2 years in an agency or in-house marketing analytics role. We will review highly skilled candidates from other fields if suitable.
- Strong understanding of marketing and customer segmentation tactics
- Experience in one or more marketing channels (email, direct mail, FB), with understanding of how to measure & optimize
- Intermediate to advanced-level experience in:
- Google Analytics or similar web analytics platform
- Excel and 3rd party measurement platform
- SQL and Tableau/other BI tools
- Experience setting up and distilling insights from experimental lift testing (Creative, A/B, segment)
- Familiarity with correlation analysis, t-testing, and regression-based forecasting (school experience is ok)
Nice to haves:
- Prior experience in ecommerce or subscription-based businesses
- Project management experience via JIRA, Asana, etc.