- Job Title
- Controls Manager
- Job ID
- 12-18 Moths
- Long Island City, NY 11120
- Other Location
- Jacksonville, FL
The in Business Control Issues Manager is responsible for driving the end to end process spanning the life cycle of a business issue including: identification and documentation, root cause analysis, remediation planning, status monitoring and reporting, and closure activities. These activities will be conducted in close partnership with the Business Issue Owners.
• Identifying the Business Owner for an issue and engaging key stakeholders from Compliance, Legal, Government and Regulatory Affairs, Finance, CBORC Management, and other relevant support functions as appropriate throughout the issues management process.
• Facilitating the initial and ongoing communication, escalation, and resolution process through standardized communication routines and tools.
• Assessing and recommending issue severity to drive expectations on resolution activities and timeliness.
• Providing insight and consultative support to the Business Issue Owner on remediation approaches, timelines and compensating controls.
• Informing and supporting the Business Issue Owner through the managing of project plan and deliverables to ensure issues are resolved and remediated within control limits in the expected timeframes.
• Implementing issues data quality and reporting standards in accordance with the CBORC policy to ensure that all relevant information, including issue definitions, root cause, remediation, and financial impacts, is captured accurately and is understandable to broader audiences.
• Supporting additional oversight and validation routines required by functions such as Internal Audit and Compliance
• Ensuring that all relevant issues are tracked in appropriate systems of record
• Driving a holistic view of the issue to ensure impacts to other lines of business or functions are identified
• Working with the business partners to develop a culture that fosters self-identification of business issues
• 5+ years of direct, relevant experience in financial service operations, control, compliance, audit, or regulatory management.
• Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree a plus
• Project management and governance experience with the proven ability to develop project plans and drive a diverse group of stakeholders to identify and achieve milestones within deadlines.
• Superior organizational skills, with proven ability to successfully manage multiple, concurrent priorities.
• Strong judgment and critical thinking skills.
• Self-motivated with a passion for establishing and maintaining a culture of control within the business.
• Demonstrated relationship management skills with ability to deepen relationships and build partnerships across the business and key functional support areas like Internal Audit, Legal, Compliance, CBORC, Government and Regulatory Affairs.
• Demonstrated ability to influence a group of diverse stakeholders and drive accountability and ownership with key business partners and process owners.
• Detail oriented, with proven ability to question and identify opportunities within existing processes and business practices by leveraging previous experiences and knowledge of the business.
• Deep functional knowledge of the Credit Cards and/or Retail Banking industries and applicable rules, regulations, and processes.
• Pragmatic problem-solver, forward thinker with independence of thought.