Option 1: Create a New Profile
Manager/Sr Manager, Data Science
- Job Title
- Manager/Sr Manager, Data Science
- Job ID
- Columbia, MD
- Other Location
- Boston, MA
Dynamic, Fast-growing, Entrepreneurial Data Science Solutions Company seeking seasoned Data Scientists! If you’ve got entrepreneurial spirit and passion, are driven by results, and want to be a part of significant growth, we’re looking for you!
BLEND360 is a multi-award winning Marketing Company who is privileged to provide our services to some of the most respected and recognized brands in the world. At BLEND360 it is all about advancing our clients marketing capabilities and performance. If you are ready to embrace the challenge and would like to join our team as one of our Data Science Leaders, please keep reading!
As Data Scientists, we work with business leaders to solve clients’ business challenges and improve clients’ marketing results. We contribute our Advanced Data Science subject matter expertise to the recommendations and solutions delivered to our clients. We spend the majority of our time on getting data into proper shape, performing statistical analyses, developing predictive models and machine learning algorithms to solve clients’ business problems. We evaluate different sources of data, discover patterns hidden within raw data, create insightful variables, and develop competing models with different machine learning algorithms. We validate and cross validate our recommendations to make sure our recommendations will perform well over time.
- Location: Columbia MD
- Duration: Full-time Position
- Travel: Up to 40%
- Benefits: Benefits include: Health, Vision, Dental, 401K plan, Life Insurance, Pretax Commuter Benefits, and an incredibly supportive team cheering you on!
- The role will also include significant work comprised of:
- Acting as Team Manager
- Ability to provide ethical and positive leadership that motivates direct reports and develops their talent and skillset while achieving company results.
- Directly manage analyst project work and overall performance, including effective career planning; have difficult conversations and deliver constructive feedback with support from senior management.
- Interview hire and train new employees.
- Analyze team KPIs, develop solutions and alternative methods to achieve goals.
- Work with upper management and human resources to document recommended promotions, salary increases, training, improvement plans and disciplinary action.
- Project Management
- Independently own client project and project management; ability to manage multiple projects within or across accounts
- Work directly with client during initial intake assessment process to define project requirements and budget
- Oversee all aspects of projects including setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities and preparing reports for clients and leadership teams with status updates.
- Create comprehensive project plans including diagrams, spreadsheets and process mapping to document trends and demands.
- Measure project performance and perform risk assessments using the appropriate tools and techniques.
- Play a critical role constructing and employing scalable statistical and mathematical models that can be used across data analyses
- Deliver various qualitative and quantitative analysis tasks.
- Contribute to thought leadership in the form of original research and presentations.
- Provide strategic assistance in the development of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring resource availability and allocation
- Own small accounts with reference-able results from client and client team
- Client Management
- Build positive and productive relationships with clients for business growth.
- Schedule regular meetings and visit client sites to strengthen relationships.
- Understand client needs and customize existing business processes to meet client needs.
- Promptly address client concerns and professionally manage request.
- Work as a strategic partner with leadership teams to support client needs.
- Acting as Team Manager
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- MS degree in Data Science, Marketing Analytics, Statistics, Math, Economics and Engineering
- Requires minimum 5 years’ experience
- Affluent with one or more advance data science software languages (Python, R and SQL)
- Comfortable with cloud-based platforms (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Experience with Adobe Marketing Cloud, Google Analytics or Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Efficient in troubleshooting and identifying the root cause of unexpected results in technical solutions and foresee potential bias or other pitfalls prior to the completion of a project.
- Ability to provide thought leadership in core areas of responsibility and expertise, contributing to program strategy and recommendations.
- Independent thinker, prepared to provide situational analysis and recommendations for moving things forward
- Ability to evaluate customer requirements and modify analyses and deliverables accordingly
- Ability to work closely with colleagues and client teams towards building a collective body of decisioning insights
Note: we will relocate to the MD/DC area..