The job you are applying to is currently closed to new submittals.
Senior Business Analyst
- Job Title
- Senior Business Analyst
- Job ID
- Long Island City, NY 11120
- Other Location
The Sr. Business Analyst would enable the rapid development and maintenance of enterprise-wide Business Process Management (BPM) application(s) through requirements gathering, analysis, documentation, testing and cross-functional team coordination. Essentially, this position is responsible for the 3 dimensions of business process reengineering – the “Why”, “What”, and “How”.
- Understand and document “What” are the steps in the current process?
- Understand and document “Why” those steps are being performed – the inputs and outputs and their interdependencies.
- Define, communicate and document “How” the process will work once re-engineered to be conducted through an automated business process management solution.
This position requires strong process & technology background, excellent client and project management, and superior communication skills.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate with the Marketing Control Leads to streamline the business process and associated control check points.
- Independently work with the various Marketing Teams and Partner Teams in consolidating and documenting the business process into Technical specification.
- Work with senior managers from various functional areas to understand current processes, issues and data/reporting challenges in order to recommend appropriate technical solutions.
- Elicit, analyze, document and validate detailed business and functional requirements enabling software enhancements to be developed and tested that meet client and organizational goals.
- Use process flow diagrams, screen mock-ups and other visual documentation techniques to enhance the value of business requirements documentation for the benefit of business users as well as technical teams.
- Work with the development team to ensure completeness and accuracy of the technical specification and design, meeting business requirements.
- Create and execute detailed test plans to ensure that the letter and spirit of the business requirements for the solution are being fulfilled.
- Work closely with the development team to brainstorm and identify features and functions in the application and ratify the solutions from a process owner standpoint.
- Identify opportunities for process and control improvement and efficiency gains.
- Participate in key business change and cost reduction programs to provide analytical support and to drive financial outcomes
- Provide visibility to project manager and/or Director of Automation Solutions on progress against approaching milestones, issues, risks and dependencies.
- Create and maintain Project Plan to keep track of all the current activities.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related disciplines or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5 or more years of experience as business or functional analyst in large projects in the financial services domain.
- Experience with a technology consulting company, or in a internal consulting position, is preferred.
- Worked in senior client facing roles in previous positions
- Solid understanding of Systems Development Lifecycle and PMO methodologies
- Direct experience in Business Process Management products is a plus
- Demonstrated strong knowledge in the following areas:
- SharePoint (WSS & MOSS or SharePoint 2010)
- Enterprise Content Management
- Knowledge Management
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities
- Unique customer focus. Strong record of achievement in applying a customer mindset to shape solutions and approaches and to realize marketplace potential/achieve financial goals
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of programming preferred but not essential
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize, prioritize and drive results with a strong sense of urgency
- Excellent organization skills, demonstrated sense of responsibility and capability to work on multiple concurrent work streams and provide quality deliverables in an efficient, timely manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Clearly articulating and documenting business and functional specifications in clear, non-technical language is a key requirement.
- Ability to act as a liaison between the business and application development, analyzing and translating client needs into software specifications
- Highly proficient and advanced user of Microsoft Office Application suite – Access, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.