Data Management/Governance Liaison
- Job Title
- Data Management/Governance Liaison
- Job ID
- New York, NY 10282
- Other Location
- Columbia MD
This role encompasses subject matter expertise around data governance and it’s inclusive processes, including but not limited to data architecture, quality, modeling/design, security, integration, storage, and operational processes. The ideal candidate will serve as a business liaison and subject matter expert as it pertains to data and how it is used in various functions of the business. The client will participate in end to end process documentation, supporting content, tracking, and measuring the effectiveness of the data as well as have a strong industry understanding of the data landscape. Additionally, the client will be responsible for data integrity and be an expert in master and reference data within the organization.
Responsibilities will include:
- Documentation of processes, systems, supporting content, business and functional requirements, etc.
- Responsible for data quality and contextual understanding of its relevance across the organization.
- Working closely with IT to gain a strong understanding of networking, server platform, desktop services and related IT security configurations.
- Analysis of cross-platform technology to ensure that data meets policies for data governance and quality
- Liaise with project workstreams and Business / IT teams to integrate Data Governance framework
- Drive Business data quality recommendations and procedures, data quality measures, and facilitation of data across business units
- Partner with data analysts, business partners, and stakeholders to identify and document critical data elements, including metadata, lineage and business rules for in-scope systems
- Gather, document and publish data uses, standards, and processes
- 5-10 years experience in data management and/or data product management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills
- Understanding of the data landscape, tools, systems, and integrations.
- Understanding of various data storage methodologies, coding languages, and security features
- Ability to multi-task while working on multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required
- Ability to manage business and technical relationships with internal and external partners at all organizational levels
Job is onsite in Downtown NYC a minimum of 3 days a week.